Saturday, October 08, 2005

Week 03 - Animation Mentor

This week we finally start animating and boy... it gets complicated right away. Not that I haven't animated a bouncing ball a hundred times... but make it look photo-realistic? Make it believable? I don't talk about moving it up and down... anyone can do it. In fact yesterday I read this quote 'I think this is the first time animators are able to make something move without even working...' which was talking about the computer doing all the work (and that is just the way it looks like).

Have look at my planning it out:


Man, Rick'O'Connor, animation ninja at ILM, flattered me this week as announcing me to be his 'hero of the day' for starting with planning and not just animating it... Thanks Rick, you're my man!

If you're interested to see some really nice reference footage on this, have a look here:

http://www.sabudesign.com/reference01.html


And finally at my first go this week...:

http://am.alexmlehmann.com/w03_an01.mov (don't be afraid, just click on it =)

If you have time, tell me what you think =)

- Alex

No comments: