Thursday, February 16, 2006

San Francisco Video Report


Hi everyone,

as promised here it is: my video report of San Francisco. Well, before I post the links please remember the following: whenever a camera is put on me a misterious 'bad-English' virus suddenly takes over and I start to studder and make bad grammar mistakes. Then again, I didn't do any rehearsals (which I should have done and will do next time). And finally, I didn't take a tripod with me so the camera is really, really shaky. Nonetheless the video hopefully gives you

- a good impression about Animation Mentor Headquarters
- a funny glimpse of ILM (?!)
- and a look at Pixar's entrance and their main hall

Whatever, I hope you have fun watching it. If for nothing else, then at least for fun, right?

You can find a WMV 10 version here: http://am.alexmlehmann.de/SF06_AML.zip (38MB)
For all Mac users I also have a H264 version http://am.alexmlehmann.de/SF06_AML_h264.zip (42MB)

Tell me whether that was a good idea and I should create a better one next time I am there (and then take a tripod, hundred English classes and Steven Spielberg as director).

Well, animate on,

- Alex

4 comments:

bala said...

hey alex...
am a big fan of ur works...u r just awesome(huh..) man..
hey...thnx 4 the video n it was very exiting 2 c d studios...but u cld hav shot a lot inside na...nyway tht was grt inspiration..hope 2 have some more...keep rocking..
-bala

Alex M. Lehmann said...

Hi Bala,

thanks a lot. Truly, I have still so much to learn, I am just at the start of everything. But things currently get better at work. My daily work is improving a lot through animation mentor and I get happier each day seeing that I understood some things.

Thanks for dropping by, feel free to shoot me questions or suggestions.

- Alex

bala said...

hey alex..
nice 2 c ur response..well,i wld like 2 ask u some advice..am a beginner n wanna b char animator...but i cldn't find ny good college here in india...though,i wanaa join AM,atpresent i cldn't do tht too due 2 some financial probs..may b after getting into some studio i should think of it..
so,i started learning myself now..but i don't know how to go with my practice in a proper schedule...i just browse thru some AM guys blog like urs n try to learn frm it..even then i cldn't set ny deadline n work on it..plz help me out in how 2 start...n cld u recommend me some books n dvd's for a basic foundation..thnx a lot. (sorry abt ths if u feel am disturbing in ur blog)

-bala

Alex M. Lehmann said...

Hi Bala,

I created a new blog entry for this since this might be interesting for more people. You are neither misusing my blog nor bug me! Shoot more questions at me! I love you approach. I am the same. Doing whatever I can to get where I want to. Keep asking all of us many questions and you will get the answers you need!

God bless you,

Alex