Thursday, November 03, 2005

Official eyes&ears award press release

Well, I think it is kind of funny to see Disney put out a press release about work you have done (indirectly) for them, so I wanted to share this with you. Unfortunately it is in German but maybe you'll understand it anyway.

The commercial was all about brother bear characters (the mooses) that are talking about easter. They had easter egss all around their antlers. And they featured their original German voice cast which was hilariously funny for Germans (they had a wonderful swedish-faked accent here full of bad German grammar). I was responsible for creating the 3D animated eggs in their antlers and had a wonderful time doing this.

I was working with the toonshader so that the animation blended in more seemlessly and I also worked on twos so you don't see any difference between 3D and 2D in the animation. It worked pretty well but I think seeing it today I would spot hundreds of mistakes in there. Anyway, here is the press release:


Later =),

- Alex

2 comments:

Boris Hiestand said...

You're so proud! Admit it!

Alex M. Lehmann said...

To be honest, so far no =) but really happy for animoto. I haven't won a prize yet which I'm proud of. "pushing buttons" was a lot of work and considering I was working almost alone on it for 'just' 3 month I sometimes wished to have won more than just one price... but hey, after all we're working for the audience, right?

But seeing a logo of Walt Disney above work I did makes me feel happy. So, in the end it is not the prize but the company =)